The accounts payable position will be responsible for assisting with accomplishing administrative and clerical work in the Finance Department.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Compiles data to verify accuracy of bills and computes entries to determine prices and discounts
- Researches problem invoices and purchase orders.
- Receives, stamps mail, files invoices, statements, purchase orders and purchase requisitions, and matches invoices with purchase orders.
- Types manual checks when requested from General Fund.
- Enters all invoices and expenses to be paid for phone, insurance, maintenance agreement, leases, etc.
- Runs trial check for accuracy, processes, check runs, prints checks, gets signatures and distributes and mails checks.
- Sorts and pays utility bills according to developments and due dates.
- Maintains files of paid invoices.
- Types checks to pay for expenses for other programs such as Evenstart, Gateway and CGP. Makes copies and distributes checks.
- Enters and makes sure all end-of-month checks are entered to ensure accurate data for end-of-month report.
- Assists with year-end 1099 processing, payroll processing, and maintenance of financial records, reconciliations and special reports.
- Assists in mail run when needed.
- Completes credit applications as required.
- Performs other duties as assigned by supervisor.
- Maintains files and reports for each vendor doing business with the company.
- Processes and verifies total accounts payable for all business programs and maintains complete records through posting in general ledger.
- Associate's degree or equivalent from a two-year college or technical school and one year of experience; or high school education or G.E.D. and two to three years related experience and/or training; or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Bachelor’s degree from a four-year college or university; or four to five years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
No keywords were found.