Summary: The Administrator is responsible for providing leadership, staff development, budgeting, and management of key services in accordance with policies and procedures and current federal, state, and local standards, guidelines. Responsible for assisting the President/CEO in leading and directing daily operations. Provide personalized and responsive quality of care in productive and cost-efficient manner, encouraging the professional growth and development of the nursing, ancillary and administrative staff to improve management responsibilities and maximize productivity.
- Manages the daily operations of the organization by creating and implementing policies and procedures.
- Continuously analyzes staffing, financing, operations, policies, systems and procedures to ensure an efficient and effective operation and to adapt to internal and external change.
- Develops business plans for proposed new programs/services.
- Works collaboratively with the managers, providers and staff to support the provision of accessible, patient friendly, cost effective and high quality patient care.
- Provides expertise and assistance in assigned areas.
- Updates organization design for maximum productivity and control of quality and costs
- Assists the President/CEO in developing and implementing the strategic long and short-range plans and its business plan.
- Ensures that all business functions are operative and that all processes are effectively and efficiently in place.
- Advises the President/CEO on administrative matters and represents and acts on his behalf in the rendering of business decisions.
- Coordinate with senior management to ensure organizational problems are resolved.
- Meets with assigned managers regularly to review progress of operating plan.
- Develops improved management techniques and practices.
- Resolves any departmental administrative problems and keeps lines of communication with staff open.
- Maintains professional affiliations and enhances professional growth and development. Maintains strict confidentiality
- Oversees clinical nursing care, ensuring compliance with established regulations and standards including quality assurance, confidentiality, and medical record documentation.
- Provides direct supervision to nurses and subordinate staff, ensuring appropriate assessment and treatment of patient health. Serves as key problem-solving resource for staff on patient issues. Studies patient needs/trends and suggests solutions to ongoing patient care problems.
- Collaborates with director of nurses/clinical operations manager on development and implementation of nursing department’s mission, goals, policies, procedures, budget quality assurance plan, and work standards.
- Compiles/analyzes data on patient outcomes, quality assurance results, budget/goal achievement, and performance/productivity and prepares reports for administration.
- Participates in medical practice planning related to clinic and emergency/disaster response system.
- Analyzes staffing patterns with human resource specialist. Collaborates with human resources department on recruiting, selecting, orienting/training, and evaluating nursing staff.
- Interviews, hires, trains and terminates clinic staff as needed.
- Other duties as assigned.
Education and Experience: Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in health care administration, business administration, or health administration. Minimum five years management level experience including three years of experience in the administration of a health care organization Professional experience in a health care setting required. Knowledge of principles and practices of health care planning and management sufficient to manage, direct and coordinate the operation of a health care organization. Knowledge of the purposes, organization, and policies of the community’s health systems sufficient to interact with other health care providers. Must be able to communicate effectively in both written and verbal forms.
Computer Skills: Knowledge of word-processing software, spreadsheet software; Internet software and database software
Supervisory Responsibilities: Supervises assigned staff. Is responsible for overall direction, coordination, and evaluation of the unit. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems
And now a little about us
LeadingEdge Personnel is a FUN and professional staffing agency, Texas owned and operated for over 22 years! Our goal is to help you find your next career move. LeadingEdge Personnel focuses on temp, temp- to-hire and direct hire placements throughout the Austin & San Antonio area. We staff for the best because we attract the best employees. We can’t wait to help you achieve your next dream job!